- Since 1964 Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) has been used as a standard in evaluating non-native students who are interested in pursuing undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate studies in the United States of America, Canada, Australia, and Great Britain.
- TOEFL Score is needed not only for undergraduate and graduate studies purposes but also as part of the requirements in hiring foreign employees.
|Regular Class (8 hrs)||4on1 class (4|
|1on1 class (4 hrs)|
|Elective Class (3 hrs)||Morning Class (1 hr)|
|Evening Class (2 hrs)|
TOEFL Module of PIA
- PIA started preparing and researching about TOEFL courses since 2008 and eventually opened its own TOEFL program.
- The program aims to prepare students for their plans to enroll in graduate schools abroad, particularly in making themselves become acquainted with academic and professional English.
- In the event that a student-applicant fails to pass a required cut-off score in any of the modules, he/she is advised to continue with the various EFL courses.
- If only 1 student qualifies in a given Test Module class, he/she is provided with 6 hours of 1on1 class only. If there are only 2 students in a group, 4 hours of 1on1 and 3 hours of 2on1 class are given.
- It is highly recommended for students to take Power EFL course for at least 8 to 12 weeks before taking TOEFL module.
Sample Schedule of TOEFL Module
The table below illustrates the typical schedule of a student enrolled in TOEFL Module Class.
Power ESL course 8weeks
+ TOEFL 8weeks
Target: Above 45
Target: Above 70
|07:30 – 8:10||Morning listening option class|
|08:20 – 17:10||
· Regular class subjects for 8 hours a day during weekdays
· 4 hours of 1on1 class
· 4 hours of 4on1 class
(Each class is composed of 50 minutes)
|18:30 – 19:30||Dinner|
20:00 – 21:00
|All students in the Advanced Course Campus are required to attend ‘Required Self-Study’.|
19:30 – 23:00
· Please refer to KPS program.
· It is an optional night program.