- The Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) is an English language test designed specifically to measure the everyday English skills of people working in an international environment as well as their respective achievements in using English in a business setting.
Regular Class (8 hrs) 1on1 class (4 hrs)
4on1 class (4 hrs)
Elective Class (3 hrs) Morning Class (1 hr)
Evening Class (2 hrs)
TOEIC® Scores and Conversion Table
- The TOEIC Listening & Reading Test is a 2-hour multiple-choice test consisting of 200 questions. Each candidate receives independent scores for listening and reading comprehension on a scale that ranges from 5 to 495 points. The total score adds up to a scale of 10 to 990 points. The table below summarizes the test scores and what they mean.
|Score Level||General Description|
|905 – 990(91% – 100%)||International Professional ProficiencyAble to communicate effectively in any situation.|
|785 – 900(79% – 90%)||Working Proficiency PlusAble to satisfy most work requirements with language that is often, but not always, acceptable and effective.|
|605 – 780(61% – 78%)||Limited Working ProficiencyAble to satisfy most social demands and limited work requirements.|
|405 – 600(41% – 60%)||Elementary Proficiency PlusCan initiate and maintain predictable face-to-face conversations and satisfy limited social demands.|
|255 – 400(26% – 40%)||Elementary ProficiencySpeaker has functional, but limited proficiency. Able to maintain very simple face-to-face conversations on familiar topics.|
|10 – 250(0% – 25%)||Basic ProficiencyAble to satisfy immediate survival needs.|
- TOEIC® Module of PIA
- Started in 2008 mostly by Japanese students
- Focuses not only for a high TOEIC score but also for employment
- A phone interview is required before coming to PIA.
- Beginners are advised to take Pre-TOEIC program before entering TOEIC 1.
- If a student joins a program after a school term starts, his/her class hours shall be reduced.
- Three steps in taking the TOEIC test module of PIA are highly recommended. (The graph below illustrates these steps.)
TOEIC® Module Sample Schedule
The table below shows the class schedule of a typical TOEIC Module.
| TOEIC 1: Target above 550
TOEIC 2: Target above 650-700
TOEIC 3: Target above 800
|Cooyeesan Campus||Chapis Campus|
|07:10 – 07:50||Morning option – Listening Class
|08:00 – 17:10||Regular class subjects for 8 hours
ESL Subjects: Listening, Pattern/Writing, Discussion (Group class: Same as Power ESL Course)
|Regular class subjects for 8 hours
TOEIC Listening, TOEIC Reading,
TOEIC LC Part 3 and 4,
TOEIC RC Part 5 and 6,
TOEIC Part 7,
| 18:30 – 19:30
| 1) Option Class & Required Self-Study
|1) Option Class : 20:00 – 20:50
2) Self-study : 21:00 – 22:00
|1) Option Class : 19:00 – 19:50
2) Self-study : 20:00 – 21:00
| 2) KPS: Special Class
|* Please refer to KPS program. (No KPS in Chapis campus)
* There is a fee for the program.