- For over 30 years, companies around the world have used TOEIC for recruitment, placement, hiring, and promotion purposes.
- The TOEIC Speaking test is designed in response to a need in the global workplace to be able to directly measure English speaking skills of employees.
About TOEIC Speaking
Regular Class (8 hrs) 1on1 class (4 hrs)
4on1 class (4 hrs)
Elective Class (3 hrs) Morning Class (1 hr)
Evening Class (2 hrs)
TOEIC Speaking Test Details and Score Chart
- The table below presents the different parts of a TOEIC Speaking test, the number of question/s for each part, the task to be performed by the test taker, and the corresponding criteria for evaluation.
|1||1-2||Read a text aloud||Pronunciation Intonation and Stress|
|2||3||Describe a picture||All of the above, plus:· Grammar
|3||4-6||Respond to questions||All of the above, plus:· Relevance of content
· Completeness of content
|4||7-9||Respond to questions using information provided||All of the above|
|5||10||Propose a solution||All of the above|
|6||11||Express an opinion||All of the above|
- The table below shows the different score scopes and proficiency levels.
|Score Scope||TOEIC Speaking Proficiency Level|
|0 – 30||1|
|40 – 50||2|
|60 – 70||3|
|80 – 100||4|
|110 – 120||5|
|130 – 150||6|
|160 – 180||7|
|190 – 200||8|
- TOEIC® Speaking Module of PIA
- In general, TOEIC Speaking is focused on practicing dialogs, conversations, and initiating discussions that are contextualized in business situations rather than doing a casual conversation.
- TOEIC Speaking module offers two classes- Preparatory Module and Score Improvement Module.
- In the event that a student-applicant failed to pass a required cut-off score in any of the modules, he/she is advised to continue with Power EFL course.
- If only one student qualifies for a given Test Module class, he/she is provided with 6 hours of 1on1 class only. If there 2 students, 4 hours of 1on1 and 3 hours of 2on1 class are given.
Sample Schedule of TOEIC Speaking Module
The table below illustrates the typical schedule of a student enrolled in TOEIC Speaking Module Class.
|The beginners’ coursePower EFL course +
|TOEIC Speaking ATarget: Above lv.4||TOEIC Speaking BTarget: Above lv.5|
|07:30 – 8:10||Morning listening option class|
|08:20 – 17:10||· Regular class subjects for 8 hours a day during weekdays· 4 hours of 1on1 class
· 4 hours of 4on1 class
(Each class is composed of 50 minutes)
|18:30 – 19:30||Dinner|
|Required Self-Study20:00 – 21:00||All students in the Advanced Course Campus are required to attend ‘Required Self-Study’.|
|KPS Program19:30 – 23:00||· Please refer to KPS program.· It is an optional night program.|